background

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Garland/Banner

All the ladies I read in "Blogville" are such an inspiration to me!  The banners and garlands are so neat and the directions always look doable, so I thought I'd give it a shot.  So...I've been making banners since I did a very basic one for Malia's shower here and one I did for my nativity scene here and they have gotten progressively fancier and more complicated.  Here's one I did last week to hang over our fireplace.

I used some old wrapping paper to fan fold into circles. I then glued letters, snowflakes, and holly onto the circles that I'd cut out with my Cricut.  Man I love that thing!!




The most work came when I had to fan fold the wrapping paper for each circle!
I am happy with how it turned out!
The last thing I did before stringing them up on some jute was to add a few buttons here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment