background

Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Favorite Tablescape...so far

Loved these black and white dishes I found at ROSS the other day, then after I put this tablescape together I found matching bowls.  I'll have to use those another time.  I really like how it turned out.


The placemats were on sale at Pier 1 a few months ago and I picked up these black ones along with some red ones.  The napkin rings came from Pottery Barn.  It's hard to tell, but they look like the handles of old silverware.  Love 'em!


 I'm still thinking of some things I want to do differently with it, but for now this is the way it was. I may end up with some b&w wrapping paper I have down the center for a runner...maybe...we'll see. Let me know what you think. I'm always challenged when it comes to centerpieces.....any ideas?  These are different spheres and there is a huge variety of textures in them. 


Napkins also came from Pier 1 on sale.  They have jumbo ric-rac around them.  The little white cup thingies were my mom's. (Love you way up to God, Mom!)  I've used them here for candle holders, but they would also work for a desert or fruit cup.  I like the ric-rac-ie edge on them that goes with the napkin edge.


 Silver chargers were a steal at $1 each at Dollar Tree this past Christmas. I had originally bought them to paint with chalkboard paint for gifts for friend's children, but never got around to that so I used them here.  Still think that would be a cute idea to help keep kids busy during Thanksgiving dinner.  Maybe next year.



Thanks for stopping by~
.

1 comment:

  1. I don't do tablescapes myself but I love to visit the blogs that do! I really like the black and white theme you have here, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete